Hartel Dance Group is Back with their signature physicality in an evening of Dance Theater that will stimulate the senses, while exploring human nature and defining traits of our species.
The company is excited to have 2 guest artist from Brazil performing with us in our 10th Season here in Oklahoma City, April 28-29 at OK Contemporary and our first show in Ada, Oklahoma, April 22nd @7:00 pm
The Band Medicine Brother will be opening the show and is sure to delight audiences with their musical stylings. This evening will be a multimedia experience and we invite the audience to participate with us.
Austin Hartel will be collaborating with Composer Aaron Robinson in the development of the musical score for this evening length work. PG-13
We hope to see you there!
You can get tickets at the door the evening of the show or
After the very succesful performances of RETROSPECTIVE, where Hartel Dance Group celebrated its 7th year anniversary in the great OKC with a choreographic reflection on 7 years creating ART under the company banner and 30 years of work by Founder and Artistic Director Austin Hartel, HDG is so happy to THANK all of their supporters and friends. Without them the company would not be abe to keep going!
This year, we had ambitious projects! We are happy to have our local artist Emily Oliver, Cameron Lee, Christy Strauss, Jennifer Rader, Karen Boyd Bethel and Thyrsa Da Rosa back on the stage, and we where able to bring 4 artist from South America: Cibele Soares from Belo Horizonte-Brasil, Regislaine Simoes from Matto Grosso and current student at the Bolshoi Academy in Brasil, Paz Ayala from Aregua, Paraguay and Carlos Fossatti, both students from the Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes, Asuncion-Paraguay. We provided this young artist with an experience of a lifetime, and they were able to give a great performance for our comunity to enjoy.
Here are some images from the performance, the video is at the editing stage, we will be sharing it with you as soon as it is finish!
Thank you for always being there for the Arts in OKC.
March 10th - "From the Edge" - Seeing Double - In collaboration with Cellist Erin Yeaman. Mainsite Gallery, Norman, OK.
July 14th - (FIB) Festival Internacional de Benicassim - Spain.
July 17th - August 2nd Seminario Internacional De Danca Brasilia 2016 - Brasilia, Brasil
The Hartel Dance Group is very happy to announce that we were selected to present our show "What's Love got to do with IT" at this years Orlando Fringe Festival.
Hartel Dance Group presents an athletic, entertaining and sometimes humorous look at human relationships in "What's Love Got to Do with It" The Sanibel Islander describes Mr. Hartel's choreography as "an evening of dance that is new, different, vital, thrilling, stimulating, satisfying, emotionally draining and deliciously sensuous in the most artistic ways imaginable! Try brilliant!" Frank Wagner, Islander
Thursday, 5/21- 7:15pm
Friday, 5/22- 6:00pm
Saturday, 5/23- 6:15pm
Sunday, 5/24- 11:30AM
WHERE"Lowndes Shakespeare Center", Pink Venue812 East Rollins St.Orlad, FL 32803
GET your Tickets HERE
GIVE a donation to the company and help us get to the Orlando Fringe HERE
DANCING IN THE PRESENT: 2 Day Workshop with Kira Blazek
This workshop is geared toward intermediate/advanced dancers.
- principals of Countertechnique
- maintaining health during your career
- group and individual improvisation
- tips for auditioning
DANCING IN THE STORM
written by Tonia Sina Ellis & Erin Crossley
Dancing in the Storm is about the lifelong struggle of a woman with a rare blood disease (aHUS) that unknowingly caused her kidneys to fail at age 18. This devised movement and dance performance is based on a true story and a real blog (www.kidneysandpinups.blogspot.com). The play follows her blog as she struggles through school, finds and marries the man of her dreams, and promptly gets so ill she needs to be in a wheelchair. Feeling isolated from the world, she reaches out through the internet, not realizing how many people are watching her story. In a culture where technology seems to limit human interaction, being online is her only way to connect with others. Thousands of people watch her and her husband through computer screens as they struggle through dialysis, hospital adventures and mishaps, and surgeries. The couple fight as she tries to overcome the disease that could kill her in the process.
November 8th & 9th 8:00pm Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center,
3000 General Pershing Blvd. OKC, OK 73107
is a multi-disciplinary dance performance that will capture the essence and raw emotion of relationships that define ourlives?
is a new work that explores the Companies PopArt process as the dancers perform they will create works of art on stage. In this work the process is as importantas the product. Hartel will collaborate with his dancers, Artis Marwin Begaye and Composer Aaron Robinson on the creation and performance of this piece.
- Austin Hartel and the Hartel Dance Group performed at the TEDxOU in the University of Oklahoma
- HDG Open rehearsal at the Magnolia Studios
February 19th @5:30
- Movement @ the Magnolia- Hartel Dance Group Fundraiser
- Performance at The OKC Festival of the Arts
- Spring/Summer Season 2012
- CHILDREN MATINEE SHOW
Saturday June 9
- Arts Moves @ The OKC Museum of Art
Friday, August 17th
- ’Last Call’ Art Show Closing @ The OKC Museum of Art
- Fall Season NETWORK @ Magnolia Studio
- HDG The Kid’s DANCE Show
October 17th, 20th, 24th and 27th
- E-CO Gala @UNTITLED Art Gallery
- WOW Gala for Allied Arts
- OKC Halloween Parade as part of the Arts Council Float
- Oklahoma Creativity Forum
HDG was commissioned to create a dance inspired by Kevin -Carroll’s “Rubber Ball” Concept.
- Featured in the OKC Gazette Halloween Parade in the Oklahoma Arts Council Float
- Featured at Oklavision Birthday Reception and Fashion Show
- Opening of the Myriad Gardens in Downtown OK, sponsored by Devon Energy
- 5th Oklahoma Contemporary Dance Festival (OCDF 2011)
August 5th and 6th
Oklahoma City Community College
SW 74th and May, OKC
- 3rd Annual Toast To Life. Other Options Food and Pantry
Saturday April 16th
- explore.org SXSW Extravaganza
Austin, TX. March 14th.
- An [Untitled] Gala
March 3rd, 2011 [Artspace] at Untitled Gala. Featuring Live Music, entertainment by HDG and dinner.
- Opening Night 2011
December 31, 2010 7 p.m. - midnight
Downtown Oklahoma City
Opening Night is a New Year’s Eve celebration
- Hartel Dance Group at Rose State Live!
April 23rd, 2010.
- Benefit Concert Thomas Ryan at The Magnolia Building
May 21st, 2010
- Other Options Food and Pantry Benefit Concert
May 27th, 2010
- Hartel Dance Group Season at the Magnolia Building
August 6-7th, 2010
- Gala Benefit for Lawyer for Childrens, at The Magnolia Building
September 21st, 2010
- Dance Network of South Dakota Annual Festival ‐ Sioux Falls, SD
October 15‐17, 2010
- 2010 Creativity World Biennale
[Artspace] at Untitled will host a Biennale Preview Party on Nov 14, 6 - 10pm in honor of over a dozen visiting international artists who are participating in the premier 2010 Creativity World Biennale exhibition opening Nov 17 in conjunction with the Creativity World Forum in Oklahoma City, November 15 - 17. The party will feature live music by Brotha Enoch, performance by Hartel Dance Group, hors d'oeuvres and an open bar with beer, wine and a signature Biennale cocktail by Bolero. This event is open to the public for an admission cost of $25, space is limited.
- 7th Annual World Creativity Forum
Cox Convention Center, OKC
November 15‐17, 2010
- New Genre Festival, Tulsa OK
February 27-28th, 2009
- Florida Arts Festival. Fort Myers, FL
March 20th, 2009
- 9na Gala Latinoamericana de Ballet, Asunción, Paraguay
August 14-15-16th, 2009
- Caminos de Enlace, ISBA. Asunción, Paraguay.
October 24th-25th, 2009
- Cuentos y Hadas, guest performance with the National Ballet of Paraguay
November 23-24-25th, 2009